Thursday 18 July 2013

Beach Nails with Dry Marbling

After my first attempt at dry marbling last week (a rather successful one even if I do say so myself!) I said that I had a couple of ideas for the dry marbling technique now that I have it down, and today I bring you one of those ideas!

I have been inspired by a lot of the beach mani's floating around on line and this technique was perfect for it, I love the beach and now that it's winter here in Aus I miss it! So this mani is a reminder of whats to come in a couple of months and will get me through the rest of the cold weather!


Of all the beach theme mani's I've seen around I haven't seen one quite like this, so I like to think that even if the theme is not very original the method I have used is. Rather than the whole beach this is just the shore line where the water laps the sand. For the sandy base I used Sinful Colours 'Unicorn', with a very thin coat of the gold glitter, Sinful Colours 'All About You'. 

For the dry marble sea which I painted onto a freezer bag before transfering it to my nail I used Sinful Colours 'Snow Me White' and 'Cinderella, and the turquoise from my Satin collection, seasonal number 2.

Once I had applied the marble pieces to the nail my husband suggested that I needed to create the foamy effect that the water edge has when it laps the sand (clever boy!), so I did this by adding some white dots to the edge with my dotting tool. I also added a couple of pink irridescent stars as star fish to add an extra bit of sparkle and colour. I am super pleased with how it turned out and think it looks really awesome!




Now I just to have to have the patience until I can actually go to the real beach! GAH!

UPDATE: After posting a pic of this mani in a facebook group I got chatting to a fellow nail blogger all the way over in Canada, who had the idea for a very similar mani and right at the same time! It turns out that we have very similar minds and soooooooo much in common it's actually quite creepy, cosmic forces have brought us together! So I would like you all to head on over to her blog and check out her beach mani too! I'm talking about the lovely Alyssa at Beautyfull Lacquer!

We have decided to tag our manis - Random stanger trans global coincidence bestie twin manis! Say that 5 times and fast if you can! lol

9 comments:

  1. wow this is beyond beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I've never seen anything like it before. Now I definitely have to try dry marbling. Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazingly gorgeous. o.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow......this is so creative and awesome......... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments lovelies its much appreciated! This is my most commented design so far, so I guess I did good huh?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you get so many comments?!?! No one even comes to my blog! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno babe! I generally don't get a lot of comments but peeps seemed to like this one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...