Monday 10 June 2013

Swatch this space!

So apparently it's good form for bloggers to show of all the pretties in their polish collection by way of swatches. I'm keen to do this for a couple of reasons, firstly to show my readers how nice cheap polishes can really be, second because it will be nice to have colour references for all my bottles without having to try them on before I can decide if I'm in the mood for it, and third I would enjoy the practice. It will also be a good excuse to finally wear those polishes that you can't resist purchasing, but then never get around to actually wearing. (My husband hates me for that!)

It seemed only fair then, that the first polishes to show you would be my favouite Aussie budget brand. This brand is simply called ''Satin'', and I've seen it at a variety of different chemists, usually in a big box near the entrance labeled ''3 for $5'' They do a colours and glitters range in one bottle, and a neutrals range in a different bottle. (I haven't seen a chemist with these in a while though so if anyone knows specific chemists where I could find it, please let me know as I still need to complete my collection!) 

Now you might not think they are going to be all that special at 3 for 5 dollars, but you would be wrong. Sure, they are not as glamorous as your OPI's and your China Glazes, but there are some really pretty colours, they are great basic polishes to wear as undies and combine in nail art designs, and there are even a couple of duo chromes, pearlescents and nice holographic glitters! They are also just as durable as your $20 polishes if you do your base and top coat right. 



As you can see I have the colours and glitters range rather than the neutrals, I do like neutrals, but they really only suit me when I have a nice tan and with my british skin that is a rare occasion! At the price these sell at though, it's more than likely that I will eventually purchase the neutrals collection too!!

So these are the colours that I will be swatching for you over the next couple of weeks. I have been waiting for my peacock design to chip so that I could justify removing such a gorgeous mani and an entire afternoon of work, but after 7 long days of wear it finally did chip today after an hour long soak in the bath! Normally I would be super happy to get an entire week of wear out of a mani without even a tiny little chip, but there are so many more things that I want to do! So little time, and even less patience! But it has chipped, so now I can remove it guilt free, get swatching, and working on my next awesome design. So as the title says, swatch this space! x



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...