Tuesday 25 June 2013

Satin Colour Swatch - Violet Duochrome

Today I have another Satin Swatch for you, and even better a pretty duochrome! Of the three duochromes I have in my Satin Collection this is my second favourite (I told you Im saving the best til last!) and it is a sheer colour that looks better layered over undies.

As you can see this is a gorgeous violet colour with light blue tones, the sad thing about it is as it is so sheer it's not so easy to wear on it's own without applying many, many coats, so that you can appreciate the colours just as they are. Obviously when you layer a colour like this over another, the tones of the polish will change depending on the undies and this polish is no exception. You will need to have a good nail dryer if you're going to layer this polish up without a base colour underneath, unless you like sheer and have nice looking natural nails unlike me!


Here I painted alternate fingers black and white to see what it would look like over light and dark undies, these pics are taken in artificial light without the flash.

The pic didn't pick up the strength of the colour over the white too much, the violet and purple tones were both quite visible over a white polish and I did 2 thin coats of the duochrome polish on the index and middle finger, and 1 coat on the ring and little finger, with 3 thick coats it would be really visible.

This polish was much better over light undies than dark, over a black polish only the blue tones were visible and the violet tones just disappeared completely, but it was a very nice blue with an unexpected chrome like finish!

Overall this polish is not bad, oviously there are way better duochrome polishes available, but for the price you pay these are pretty good, and even if the duochrome effect isn;t strong enough for your taste, they still make great bases to do lot's of cool nail art with!

I still have one duochrome polish left in this collection to show you though, and it's not just one of my favourites from this collection but also one of my favourite polishes overall, I look forward to sharing it with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...