Thursday 5 December 2013

Multi - Coloured Neon Zebra Print!

So I had a craving for an animal print mani (if such a thing is even possible!) but I didn't just want to do your standard stuff, I wanted to mix it up a little and do something a bit different! Most of you all are into your winter colours by now, but I'm still down here in the southern hemisphere and my summer is just about to start, so while you guys are packing away your neons for the winter, I'm just dusting them off and preparing myself for a season of lots of fun colour! At least this way while your all miserable in your cold winters, I can bring some sunshine into yer life! :)

I decided to go for a Zebra print, and I wanted as many colours in there as possible, so I decided to do a neutral base with lots of different coloured stripes!


I did this mani in September hoping to post it in October, and since then a lot of these polishes have been posted home to my mum in the UK so I can't check the bottles for names anymore, so let's see what I can remember!
I do believe the base is Australis 'Sinfully Sweet'. The pink stripes are Duri 'Voodoo', The purple is Nfu - Oh 517, the blue is Mode 'Happy Snaps' and the orange is Sinful Colours 'Hazard'. The last 2 colours I'm a bit vague on, though I do at least remember the brands! The green is BC & Co and the name is actually a number so good luck remembering that! The yellow is Rimmel and I think (but don't hold me to it!) it might be called 'Lemon Drop' or something similar, it's definitely lemon something or other! I probably have used these colours in previous mani's already posted on the blog somewhere, so if you really want to know the names and can be bothered, you can take a trip down Nail Jems memory lane and have a look back through my older posts!

I painted the stripes on free hand with a fine striping brush, and I think it looks pretty damn nifty even if I do say so myself! 
If you guys have any links to interesting and unusual animal print nails, I would live to see them! Leave your links in the comments!
                                                                                                                                            

If you have enjoyed my blog post today why don't you become a follower? You will catch all my future posts and be supporting my work ensuring that I can keep on doing it! x
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, I like this. It reminds me of Zebra Gum. The packs and wrappers were always so colorful and pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...